|No. 08-61||13th Feb., 2012
EISAI PHARMATECHNOLOGY & MANUFACTURING PVT LTD.
EISAI KNOWLEDGE CENTRE, VIZAG DECLARED AS WINNER OF THE FACILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2012
EISAI PHARMATECHNOLOGY & MANUFACTURING PVT LTD. was selected as a Category Winner as “Facility of the year” in Project execution category from a group of 20 state-of-the-art projects that were constructed in 10 different countries. Facility of the Year Awards (FOYA)program is the global pharmaceutical industry’s premier awards program dedicated to celebrating innovation and accomplishments in facility design, construction, and operation. The FOYA program recognizes state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing projects that utilize new and innovative technologies to enhance the delivery of a quality project, as well as reduce the cost of producing high-quality medicines. Now entering its ninth year, the awards program effectively spotlights the accomplishments, shared commitment, and dedication of individuals in companies worldwide to innovate and advance pharmaceutical manufacturing technology for the benefit of patients worldwide. The FOYA program is sponsored by ISPE, INTERPHEX (www.facilityoftheyear.org)
The submissions for the program were reviewed by an independent, blue-ribbon judging panel consisting of global senior-level executives from the pharmaceutical industry. The judges preferred Eisai as Category Winner for;
- Outstanding safety record of no reportable safety incidents with more than 5 million hours worked
- The completion of the entire complex that includes construction activities for all 14 facilities was accomplished in just 17 months
- The ability of the project team to overcome the challenges of delivering a project of this size given the complexities of doing so in India
- Good Japanese style and quality with a high degree of automation and compliance to global regulations
- The capital efficiency of the project is commendable given such a high quality, fully integrated R&D and manufacturing complex was delivered for an investment of under US $50 million
With the above, Eisai Vizag has become the first facility of the country having achieved this prestigious award. This facility was commissioned in December 2009 with the aim of creating a future global hub capable of ensuring a stable supply of high quality pharmaceutical products and achieving innovation in API synthesis processes. In addition to the manufacturing of APIs and formulations of its major products such as Alzheimer’s disease treatment Aricept®, Eisai is conducting API process research and manufacturing of API and formulations of the company’s global products.